Friday Findings – Long Weekend
With a long weekend in South Africa, it’s the perfect time to catch up on everything that has been happening in the world of digital marketing. To assist you with this, we’ve hand picked several articles that we have found valuable and hope that you will too:
- [Mobile] Google rolled out their mobile algorithm update just a few days ago and after months of panick, we now need to access the aftermath of Mobilegeddon. This article details the outcome.
- [Podcast] Oli Gardner (you should know him) has a podcast and in his latest podcast he talks through converting in the top 2% of all landing pages with John Bonini, a HubSpot partner.
- [Content] Legend, Sujan Patel, takes a stab at what content marketing will be like in 2020. It’s a short read, but a good read.
- [SEO] Keyword Research, two words that every SEO knows is incredibly important. The difficulty with keyword research is that people rush it and in doing so, the results are often poor. 58 experts weigh in on what the best tools are for doing your research.
- [Social] Buzzing and cluttered news feeds on Facebook are familiar to all of us. But what if you could filter things and customise your feeds to your liking? Good news is that you can, with Social Fixer you’re presented with a long list of features that allow you to taylor your experience on Facebook.
- [Social] If you attend a lot of events and you’ve wondered about live-tweeting at the events but aren’t completely sure how, then this article will bring you up to speed on how to do it in a way that will bring value to your business.
- [Social] Sorry for all the social media links, but there’s a lot happening in that space and it would be incorrect of us not to include these. Whilst Google’s been head down launching their Mobilegeddan, Facebook are changing their algorithm updates too and it’s important to take note of the changes.
- [PPC] Ever wondered how you could drive something into viral mode with PPC? This article will give you some tips and tricks on how to do this.
- [PPC] It’s time to give your AdWords account some attention and there’s a great Webinar that will give you 8 bidding hacks to assist you in doing so.
- [Analytics] Google Analytics is one of the most powerful places to spend time when it comes to your website and marketing efforts. In an article by George Passwater, we learn 5 ways to find content marketing opportunities within Google Analytics.
- [Freebies] The Next Web have just published a great article which offers us 300 free things to stock up our resources. From business and marketing to SEO to design and code, there’s a bit of everything for everyone!