The age of wearable technology
Trending spotting is a difficult task, in fact, it’s almost impossible to pick up on a trend before it becomes a trend these days because of the Internet and the way information travels so quickly. A technology that has boomed in 2014 is that of wearable technology – it may have boomed online and in the States, but it’s yet to become a really integrated part of our lives here in South Africa, and even the world. We are almost there and would imagine that 2015 will truly be the year of wearable technology.
We’ve all seen a myriad of articles on Nike’s various wearable technologies and talks of Apple’s iWatch and then all the discussion around Google Glass. But these are just the most commonly shared and seen items online, there are thousands of different devices.
If you’re interested in this subject, the following video, slide deck and associated links will boost you along into the world of wearable technology.
The Future of Wearable Technology
Some other interesting resources:
- The Verge covered a story entitled, “Make it work: what should fashion look like in the age of connected devices?“
- A belt that helps you improve your posture.
- Concealed wearable technology.
- Shoes with built in GPS.
- Google Glass goes stylish with with shades and prescription lenses.
- Android smart watches and the business features they provide.
It won’t be long until we’re all even more plugged in that we currently are!