Jobs at iMod Digital
iMod Digital was established as a legal entity in 2011, but our roots go back much further when iMod was the number 1 blog in Africa. From our humble beginnings and great relationships we’ve grown into a powerful digital marketing agency that holds relationships with The Foschini Group, Tsogo Sun Hotels, Ambassador Hotel and Web Africa to name a few.
Here at iMod Digital we’re always looking for talented people to work with. Below are some of the job openings that we currently have:
We’re looking for someone who loves driving targeted traffic to websites and takes great pride in helping someone grow their business through online channels and statistics.
iMod Digital is looking for a mid-level digital marketer with a burning passion for all things search related to join our team. We’re not looking for someone who can do keyword research or bang together an article. We’re looking for someone who doesn’t need to rely on tools and has a natural understanding of the technical aspects of search engines. Someone who can fire up an FTP client, make changes to CSS or HTML and understands what canonical URLs are without asking Google. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in search engine optimisation who can quickly, and easily identify issues both on-site and off-site and correct these issues effortlessly.
We have a spot in our team if you’re comfortable with the required skills.
What we have to offer
- Over 20 years combined digital marketing experience for you to draw on.
- Hands on opportunities to deal with prestigious clients to implement your strategies for SERP domination in collaboration with an excellent team
- We are a family, not a corporate environment – you’ll get attention from us.
- Relaxed dress code, want an iMod Digital hoodie?
- Fun environment – we work hard so we can play hard too.
- One to two years’ practical experience in both SEO and PPC
- On-site and off-site technical analysis should be something you start thinking about every time you visit a website. By looking at a website for just five to ten minutes you should be able to say where and why the website needs attention.
- Technical implementation shouldn’t trouble you. Connecting to a server to upload files should be a piece of cake. Uploading a plugin via FTP and activating it on a WordPress website is something you can handle with ease.
- Making basic changes to a website’s CSS and HTML is a fun task and not a scary experience.
- Gathering statistical information is a cinch and turning the data into a comprehensible written report for someone draws out the Shakespeare within.
- Google Analytics and Search Console are more important to you than Facebook and Twitter. Custom dashboards, data segmenting, filters and goals shouldn’t make you bat an eyelid.
- Familiarity with software solutions such as Moz, Xenu, Screaming Frog and the likes is a given.
- Thorough understanding of the theory behind SEO techniques and strategies – content creation, link building, social media, user experience, technical SEO etc.
- Mapping keywords to pages, tracking the keywords and suggesting contextual improvements to the team.
- The ability to deliver on time, handle pressure and juggle a dynamic environment.
- Be a self-starter and drive forward autonomously
- Work well in a team within a fast paced environment while loving the pressure and reporting to our head of inbound marketing.
- Excellent language skills both written and spoken.
- Crafting a newsletter and delivering it through the likes of MailChimp should be something you’ve done many times with ease.
- Working in a fast environment where each day is different.
- Taking instructions from a head of inbound marketing and delivering as requested.
- Familiarity using project and task management software.
- References – digital and SEO campaigns that you have worked on and achieved great results with.
- Qualified – Google Analytics and AdWords qualified professional
- Certifications – SEO and PPC certifications from any courses
- Coding – knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP
- Creative – can you throw something together in Photoshop?
- Hungry – ability to demolish a foot long sarmie from Subway.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Hire me” and the following:
- Your CV including recent work history
- Your salary expectation
- A cover letter convincing us of your awesomeness and why you should be the chosen one.